At Somerleyton Primary School we take pride in the appearance of our pupils, therefore we have a uniform which consists of:
- Blue school sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo (optional) or royal blue pullover or cardigan
- White polo shirt or blouse - school logo optional
- Dark grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress (leggings, ski pants or jeans are not suitable).
- Sensible low heeled plain dark shoes (not knee length boots or trainers)
- Children should not wear lace-up shoes unless they are able to safely tie and untie them themselves
- Children who have shoulder length or longer hair need to have it tied back.
- In summer there is also the option of wearing blue (small) check dress or dark grey shorts for boys
PE Kit Uniform (please ensure each item PE kit has a name tag)
PE Kit: white t-shirt, plain black track suit (no logos), trainers and spare socks
Jewellery and Make-up
Children should not wear rings, bracelets or necklaces as they can be very dangerous and easily lost. If children have pierced ears then only one pair of small studs may be worn, but have to be removed for PE and swimming lessons. Make-up and nail varnish should not be worn in school.
Website: Somerleyton Primary Archives - Screens Schoolwear - items with school log are all optional
The PTFA run a year round second-hand uniform swap shop. If you need any items of uniform to replace good-quality but out-grown items, then please email the School Office to organise a swap.
If you have any items you wish to donate to the swap shop then please donate clean, good quality items to the School Office.
We also support the work of Lowestoft Uniform Bank in providing free uniforms for families in Lowestoft. Contact them directly Lowestoft Uniform Bank | Facebook or through the School Office.